After a long time away (school, three jobs, etc etc), I will be completely overhauling this mod; and a few of my other projects across the Nexus.
In regards to this mod, I will be addressing the following:
- Attempt to reproduce and properly address the ‘Chet Death’ bug mentioned in the comments. Odd as it is, the cell I created may have somehow been linked to Chet’s store.
- Replace some of the unselectable containers, and update containers that have the incorrect items.
- Overhaul WMX & PN integration to include the merged or unmerged ESP’s (users choice).
- Integrate DLC Weapons and ammunition types from Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues & Lonesome Road.
- Integrate DLC Weapons and ammunition types from the Courier’s Stash, Gun Runners Arsenal item packs.
- Make the Nyan Gun fire Hello Kitty plushies with cat meow sounds (yes, I’m aware this is quite disturbing).
All of the above updates will be packaged into a mod installer package, all old versions of the mod will be purged from the Nexus at that time. It’s my hope that this update will be the end-all to updates for this mod, but that may not be the case if any extra bugs are found.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
UPDATED 08/10/2011 – v22.214.171.124 – See Changelog for details
UPDATE 09/14/2011: I’ve added support for WMX and Project Nevada. The items from both mods will appear in the cache if you’ve downloaded the optional files and have both mods installed. Enjoy!
CHECK LINKS BEFORE CLICKING TO ENSURE CORRECT SITE IF ANY OF THE ABOVE ARE TRUSTED SITES.
I am now officially taking a break from this mod before moving on to DLC / Third Party Weapon Additions.
This mod adds a weapons cache near the Goodsprings Gas Station which is loaded with
weapons and a new unique weapon is included. A strange note has been pinned to the wall
next to the door in Doc Mitchell’s house. However vague the note is, it points our
Courier in the right direction.
::If using FOMM::
1.) Launch FOMM.
2.) Select Package Manager.
3.) Click ‘Add FOMod’.
4.) Navigate to; and select GSWeaponsCache.fomod. Click ‘Open.’
5.) If required, check ‘Good Springs Weapons Cache’ and click ‘Activate’
::If installing manually::
1.) Navigate to C:/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Fallout New Vegas/Data
2.) Copy all files from the folder you downloaded and extracted the mod to.
3.) Open Fallout: New Vegas Launcher.
4.) Select ‘Data Files.’
5.) Place a check mark next to GSWeaponsCache.esp
– The Almighty G.E.C.K. (of course).
– Adobe Photoshop CS5.5.
– FOMM(NV) BSA Browser.
– FOMM(NV) BSA Creator.
– Windows 7.
– CHANGELOG –
- Moved both Grenade Machine Guns for proper looting.
- Replaced Gatling Laser Container.
- Cateye Container renamed to Cateye instead of Buffout.
- Replaced The Disintegrator Container.
- Removed Fire Hydrant – defunct
- Removed Lily’s Vertiberd Blade – not working
- Removed Mean Super Sledge (defunct).
- Replaced Straight Razor with Figaro in Figaro Container.
- Replaced .44 Magnum with Mysterious Magnum in Mysterious Magnum Container.
- Removed Lucky from .357 Container.
- New NIF for Ammo Crates.
- Wrong Textures for Nyan-Gun (fixed).
- Overhauled interior, almost ALL vanila weapons now available. Will work on the DLC weapons soon.
- Applied decals to ammo crates.
- Added Chems and medicine to the black shelf.
- Overall clean-up.
- Model Optimization, NIF dependencies now rely on Fallout – Meshes.bsa instead of GSWeaponsCache.bsa (saving time and size of file).
- Surprise Briefcase added to interior.
- Issues with the texture of the Nyan-Gun have now been resolved.
- Consolidated all weapons into their own containers as to avoid a bunch of “flying guns!” (as qouted by sworddragon) XD
- Adjusted mod canon, with Volen dead, Christine now restocks the ammo instead.
- Attemped to fix Nyan-Gun texture. Still having issues.
- Rough version. Lots of weapons, new textures and a unique gun.